Monday, November 19, 2007

Jake's field trip






I went on a field trip with Jake's 2nd grade class today. I think it was the best field trip I have ever been on. First we went to a park on the Mississippi River and observed migrating tundra swans. Then we went to Wabasha, MN to the National Eagle Center. http://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/. It was so cool. I didn't realize I was interested in eagles, but I didn't want to leave. They have 3 bald eagles living there. You can get so close to them. They are tethered up so you can get to about 1 foot away from them. They are AMAZING animals. It was so neat to learn the history of them and learn about Native American traditions that use bald eagle parts and feathers for healing. The kids were all so good there. The presenters made the classes very interesting. The kids couldn't ask enough questions. They loved it.

After that, we went to a place in Kellogg, MN called Lark toys. That was really neat too. The kids got to ride a carousel made of hand carved wooden animals. (The battery in my camera died before that so I didn't get to take any pictures of that ) It was a great day. I loved spending it with Jake. I don't get to do that very often anymore.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

How cute! Jake probably LOVED having you there with him! I loved it when my mom or dad would go on field trips with me! Miss you!!!