Saturday, January 26, 2013

2k

Jake and I ran our first 2K together. We started running together in the spring . We signed up to do a 5k color run in Minneapolis but weren't able to go due to my illness. I felt so bad that I had broken my promise to him. We talked about it and we decided a 2k would be just fine. I was very glad to be running with my sunglasses on. I had tears steaming down my face the entire run. Jake was willing to run along side of me (he is way faster than I am) but I made him go ahead and run for himself. Through out my illness, he has picked up so much slack and his helped me out so much. Every day we would run together. I would run through the pain and he would always ask if we should stop or slow down.  Never once has he complained when we have had to cancel things or when I ask him for help. Again, he is an amazing young man and I am very proud to call him my son. 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: