Jake has been begging Rickey for days now to get his fishing license so he can take him fishing. On Saturday Jake literally asked Rickey every 15 minutes. Anyways, I felt bad for him and bought some fishing poles and stuff today, and took him fishing. You should have seen me in the fishing department. It was like I was looking at things in a foreign language:) I've been fishing before, but everything was always set up for me.
After buying the fishing poles we had to come home and dig for worms. Kate kept pulling the worms into little pieces so I went to my mom's so she could watch her while we looked for more worms. We went into her backyard and she lifted up a rock and we found a nightcrawler. Jake was convinced that it was a baby snake and ran away as fast as he could.( It was pretty gross. I had a hard time picking it up.) We left Kate at my mom's and went to get a fishing license for myself. Rickey happened to be driving through town at that time and stopped and got his too.
We (Jake, Rickey, Cody and I ) went to the lake and started setting our stuff up. Jake could NOT believe that we actually had to put the hook through the worm. This was his first time fishing. He kept wanting to reel the line in right away too. He didn't like just sitting and watching the bobber. Cody ended up playing at the park and Rickey went home to work on his truck. We caught a few fish. We were going to do one more cast before we left . I was untangling Jakes fishing line and I felt something wrap around my neck and then scratch my back. I looked over and Cody was holding his fishing pole saying, Sorry, Sorry , Sorry. He tried to cast it out and ended up wrapping it around my neck instead. We decided to go home after that.
Anyways, we had such a great time. I laughed and laughed all night. They are so funny. I will never forget the look on Jake's face when he found out that we had to put the hook through the worm , or the look on Cody's face when he wrapped his fishing line around me and got the hook stuck to my back. ( Thank goodness my neighbor was there , she helped me get the hook out of the back of my shirt.) I just love being a mom. I love my kids soooo much. I feel so blessed to be able to have such sweet spirits living with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment