I love being a mom. There are so many challenges to face everyday. Some things I would never even imagine. I'm kind of a chicken and am scared of a lot of things. I don't want my kids to be like that so I'm really trying to overcome my fears.( or at least pretend to) I don't like to fly, but I pretended that I did so the boys wouldn't be scared on their first plane trip. I don't like heights, but I went up in the Seattle space needle with the kids and went out to the outside observation deck(yikes) and pretended that I wasn't scared. Tonight was the biggest challenge of all for me. We were at the circus and there was a time when you could get your picture taken with an albino python. I got up to get some snow cones and Cody said to me," Mom can I get my picture taken with the snake?" I was a little surprised but I said sure. He was going to get it taken with one of his friends but his friend decided not to at the last minute. So, Cody looked up at me with his sweet beautiful puppy dog eyes and said, " Mom will you go with me so I'm not so scared??"
WHAT!!!!!!!!! I totally hate snakes. They freak me out. If I see one outside, I scream and run. UGH!!!! I thought, what am I going to do?? Then I remembered how I wanted the boys to do things that they wanted to and not to be scared. SO, ( get ready for this) I got my picture taken with a python on the back of my neck. It was sooo DISGUSTING my whole body was shaking and I felt like screaming. The guy handling the snake told me just to hold my breath and smile and it would be over. That's what I did. I was soooooooo AWFUL. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK. It wasn't slimy or anything, it was just creepy and crawly. I held my breath, smiled and they took the picture. Kaitlynn looks a little freaked out because she could tell how freaked out I was. Then when the guy went to take the snake off of my neck it was stuck. STUCK!!!!! It had wiggled it's tail end into my camera case and we had to dig it out. I almost lost it then. I just wanted it off of me . I sat down on the benches afterwards and was shaking so bad. People were laughing at me. They said my legs were shaking when they put the snake around my neck. Anyways, that was my big challenge for the day. I still feel creeped out. Cody was so good about it. He even held it close to its head. Rickey doesn't like snakes either but you sure can't tell by the picture. Jake wouldn't even come close.
The picture isn't very good because I took a picture of the polaroid picture that they took of us.
YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Yes, you are a courageous mother, I'll give you that my dear sister. However, I would like to point out that the head of the snake seems to somehow conveniently be by Cody and Rickey and that you look like you're ready to bolt. I do give you so much credit though because I realize how petrified you are of snakes. You're scared of a little snake in the garden, but you have a python draped around your neck. That's courage at its absolute best!!
Post a Comment