Sunday, September 7, 2008

My grandpa

Since it is Grandparents day today, I thought I would write a little something about my wonderful grandparents. I will start with my grandpa. Anyone who has ever met my grandpa will agree with me that he is a ....... how should I put it....... a character ;) I love him so much. He is always there for me when I need him. He often naps my kids for me. I love it when he does because it gives me some free time to get some stuff done. We look forward to him coming over every morning. Sometimes I get frustrated with him, and don't treat him like I should, but I love him to death!! He is my dad and my grandpa all rolled up into one crazy package. I hope he lives forever. This is him trying to get out of Kates house after he repaired her sink for her. By the way, he put that house up on that old tree stump for her.


He was watching Bella for me the other day and when I came home this is what I saw. If you look close, Isabella is in there. It was a little chilly out so he wrapped her up in the boys batman blanket and took her out to swing her. She really liked it and it kept her warm.

He is such a great guy and I will never forget all of the memories I have made with him.
I like to walk with Grandpa,
His steps are short like mine.
He doesn't say "Now hurry up!"
He always takes his time.
Most people have to hurry,
They do not stop and see.
I'm glad that God made Grandpa"Unrushed" and young like me.

No comments: