Monday, November 16, 2009

Vikings game

We took the boys to their first Minnesota Vikings game yesterday. It was so much fun to see the excitement in their eyes as they took everything in. I expected Jake to sit calmly while Cody cheered and yelled. It was the other way around. Jake was a wild man. He was standing up screaming and cheering and singing the vikings fight song. He had so much fun. Cody was more reserved, he cheered a little bit but I don't think he realized that it was ok to be loud and wild. ( we are always telling him to settle down!)


BRETT FAVRE- THE SILVER FOX - He is the reason I am a viking fan. Not only is he a great quarterback, he is also a great person. Rickey bought all of the books about Brett after he "retired". He has done a lot of amazing things off the field.

The view from our seats.

Cody getting a little nervous with all of the flags against the vikes.
The cheerleaders. They wore their regular vikings outfits for the 1st half and for the 2nd half they changed into outfits representing the marines, army, navy, and airforce. It was pretty neat.
Pictures on the outside of the Metrodome.
Jake and Cody with Adrian Peterson, Cody's favorite.

( Don't you love their forced smiles??)
After the game

A giant flag during the half time show. They honored the Minnesota national guard.
This is the first picture Rickey and I have taken together in a long time. Cody took it . I wasn't grumpy, I had already stopped trying to smile by the time he took it. He had to have it just perfect.
After the game Rickey took us over to show us his new office . He also showed us the homeless people who were living behind the building. He said their was only 2 guys back there but that night he saw a skinny little girl. My "big tough" husband got a sleeping bag out of the bag of his car and took it back to the girl. He came back with tears in his eyes because he felt so bad for her. He said she was only about 12 years old. The boys were able to see both sides of the spectrum today. They went from seeing football players who have it all to seeing homeless people who have nothing. When they get home from school today they are going to pack up some hats, gloves and other warm things for these homeless people.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

How sweet! Looks like you guys had so much fun & the boys even learned a little something! I can't wait till my boys are old enough to go do fun stuff like this!

Tricia and Michael said...

I guess its okay to be vikings fans.....it looked like you guys had fun! It's crazy to see the boys growing up so much over the years. That was pretty cool to hear about Rickey. I hope all is going well for you guys!